William Henry Gates III well known as Bill Gates is an American business entrepreneur, software developer, investor, author, and philanthropist. He is a co-founder of Microsoft, along with his late childhood friend Paul Allen.
Born on– 28 October 1955 in Seattle, Washington, USA.
Nationality – He is an American.
Father – William Henry Gates Sr (1925-2020) (Prominent Lawyer)
Mother – Marry Maxwell Gates (1929 -1994) served on the board of director for First Interstate BancSystem and United way of America.
Siblings – Older Sister Kristi (Kristianne), Younger Sister – Libby
Spouse – Melinda French Gates. (Married- 1994, Divorced- May-2021)
Children – Phoebe Adele Gates, Jennifer Catherine Gates, Rory John Gates.
Height – 5.96 feet, 1.77m
Net worth – US $117 B as per Forbes and Bloomberg Billionaires Index (Aug-2022).
Ranking – 5th in World and 3rd in USA.
Profession – Co-founder, CEO, Chairman – Microsoft, Software developer, Investor, Author.
- William Henry Gates III well known as Bill Gates was born on 28 October 1955 in Seattle Washington USA
- Bill Gates is an American entrepreneur, software developer, investor, author, and philanthropist.
- He is a co-founder of Microsoft, during his career at Microsoft, Gates played the key role of chairman, CEO chief executive officer, president, and chief software architect.
- Microsoft become the world’s largest personal computer software company in 1975.
- Bill Gates and Melinda French got married in 1994 and separated in 2021.
- Bill Gates and his wife Melinda establish a private charitable foundation Bill& Melinda Gates foundation in 2000.
- In 1975, Gates and Allen founded Microsoft. It became the world’s largest personal computer software company.
- In 1981, Bill Gates and Neil Konzen written a computer game DONKEY.BAS.
- In November 20,1985 Gates and Microsoft launched their first retail version of Microsoft Windows.
- Gates has a multi-billion dollar investment portfolio with stake in various sectors and has participated in several entrepreneurial ventures except of Microsoft.
Gates Has 16% stake in trading on the NYSE.
As of 2019 Gates is the largest single shareholder in CN Canadian National Railways stoke.
Gates founded a Cascade Investment LLC, a private investment and holding company incorporated in the United States.
He is the 49th largest private owner of land in the US. He is the top private owner of farmland in the United States with landholdings owned via Cascade Investment
Corbis- A digital image licensing and rights Services Company founded and chaired by Gates, (originally named Interactive Home Systems and now known as Branded Entertainment Network)
EarthNow, Gates is a larger investor in EarthNow Seattle-based Startup Company. The aim of this company is to blanket the Earth with live satellite video coverage.
Ecolab, Gates owns 11.6% share of the company which is global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets. Combined with the shares owned by the Foundation.
ResearchGate, a social networking site for scientists. Gates participated in a $35 million round of financing along with other investor.
Books Written By Gates.
Bill Gates Has written four books till now.
- How to Prevent the next Pandemic, at the early in April 2022 he has written a book details the COVID-19 pandemic and proposes a “Global Epidemic Response and Mobilization” (GERM) team with annual funding of $1 billion, under the auspices of the WHO.
- How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, was published in February 2021, He concluded that what he learned in over a decade of studying climate change and investing in innovations to address climate problems.
- Business @ the speed of thought was published in 1999, and discusses how business and technology are integrated, and shows how digital infrastructures and information networks can help to get an edge on the competition in next decades.
- The Road Ahead, was published in November 1995, written by a group with Microsoft executive Nathan Myhrvold and journalist Peter Rinearson. It summarized the implications of the personal computing revolution and described a future profoundly changed by the arrival of a global information superhighway.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Gates donated some of his Microsoft stock in 1994 to create the “William H. Gates Foundation.
In 2000, Gates and his wife combined three family foundations and Gates donated stock valued at $5 billion to create the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In 2013 which was identified by the Funds for NGOs Company, as the world’s wealthiest charitable foundation, with assets more than $34.6 billion.
As of 2007, the foundation given over $28 billion to charity. Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, the couple plan to eventually donate 95% of their wealth to charity.
The foundation is organized into five program areas:
1) Global Development Division,
2) Global Health Division,
3) United States Division
4) Global Policy & Advocacy Division and
5) Public health projects, granting aid to fight transmissible diseases like AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria as well as widespread vaccine programs to eradicate Polio.
Except of these the foundation grants funds to learning institutes and libraries and supports scholarships at universities.